Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Akasaka Palace and Del'Immo: Cassis Chocolat

Went to the Akasaka Palace loop to set a benchmark time for 1 lap. Getting there and back and taking another lap around to get cake at Del'Immo, it totaled 9 or 10 km of running, which is not a lot, but that 1 lap I ran pretty hard, so I'm plenty tired. Managed just under 16'51'' for 3.3 km. Getting cold with just a shirt and super light summer jacket though, once I slow down for the rest of the run, anyway, so I need to add a layer now, I think (or wear one of my cheap heavy jackets).

At Del'Immo, I got the Cassis Chocolat, which is what it sounds like. Just seeing all those fancy cakes made me happy. So different from the new shops that I visited last weekend. The cake was 540 yen, has cassis mousse, chocolate mousse, and chocolate biscuit. Reading online, it says it is perfect with wine (or whisky), which is what I had decided when eating it, so I guess it's common sense. The chocolate is not that strong compared to the cassis, which is okay. They give percentages of chocolate, and this one is only 40%, although that is higher than my last cake from there. This cake was very good, so I'll keep them as a shop of special interest. I'm behind on that category compared to the great shops in terms of numbers of cakes blogged (I figure 1:2 proportion would be good).



Since I was satisfied with this one, I can try a new (or at least not posted about) shop next rather than needing to do a great shop. If the rain holds out, I'll go down to Hiroo, but otherwise I'll visit Isetan and see if I can resist the great shops to get something from somewhere different.


No comments:

Post a Comment