Monday, June 11, 2018

Toshi Yoroizuka: Riche Fromage

Got a new cake from Toshi Yoroizuka, the winner of the last cake-off. I didn't waste much time getting back there because they are only at Isetan until tomorrow. Only a small selection for visitors, but I choose Riche Fromage, which is a rare and baked cheesecake with a top layer of lemon flavored whipped cream as the best prospect, not because I'm fixated on cheesecake now. It was definitely good, and I was ready to give it the benefit of the doubt and call it excellent, but later I had a nagging feeling that excellent was too much, so for the first time I'm going to designate something as semi-excellent from a single evaluation, so I'm averaging my two minds on the evaluation rather than two evaluations.

For exercise, I did the neighborhood course including Wakaba, southeast from Yotsuya 3-choume Station by bicycling, skipping the steps, of course. There are some pretty steep slopes, so it was a little scary on a bicycle in light rain going down, but no slipping (the worst parts are textured, with handrails for pedestrians). Going up was good exercise. They finally finished the construction around the park at the south end, so I'll need to update that map. I might also want to make stairless versions for bicycling. When I get back to running, I might want to start off by not running up hills, which was just what my running program was suggesting for someone who was having trouble enjoying the little time he had for running (and, of course, they also gave him advace on running form and exercises to improve weak points). I imagine I'm going to take it even slower and more carefully that previous times when I get back to running again, paying attention to new things. like what kind of footing I use, heel versus ball of the foot. The former is bad generally, but the latter can mess up your achiles, which is what I did but too much without enough training.

No comments:

Post a Comment