Monday, June 18, 2018

Cake-off: En Vedette's En Vedette over Ryoura's Soyeux

Had less time than I originally thought, but still was able to squeese in a cake-off early Saturday of a busy weekend. Since B-E's was not available, as I discovered Friday night, I had to change plans but I stuck with first-round cakes, including Ryoura's Soyeux, though I sourced it from the Tokyo Midtown Dean & Deluca rather than going all the way out to Yoga. First, though. I had to get En Vedette's En Vedette, but they open at 10 am and it was somewhat closer, even missing some of the intended turns. This cake, especially, is delicate for a bicycle ride, but it was mostly intact to make it home. For the photo, I flipped it to the back. Not sure why I put the V upside down when I moved it.

These two cakes are rather similar, being mousse inside a solid coating with fruit inside of that. The pistachio and red fruit of Soyeux was still definitely great and not clearly inferior to the chocolate and rum raisin of En Vedette, but the later was a rarer beast, so I chose it. Both are recent cakes and I'm not worried about them disappearing, so I probably won't get around to a second round for either of them first a few months.


No comments:

Post a Comment