Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Satsuki: Tokyo Super Cheesecake

Monday, I tried again for the cream puff of F. Cassel at Mitsukoshi but no luck (of course, I could probably pre-order, but where's the sport in that), so instead I got the one available new pastry from Dalloyau, the Belle des Pommes (I'm assuming). This has apple and butter [update: no it was custard, just it was diluted by apple juice maybe], perhaps (I didn't notice the latter until the end) inside a flower/bell-shaped pastry. Actually, I put this in my bag and squished it, but it opened up again without much difficulty, so I certainly approve of the structure. In some ways, it seems simpler than other standard pastries, but it achieved it's goal and I can say that it was excellent.

On Tuesday, I caught the headliner (of this post), Satsuki, who was visiting Isetan (not that they are very far away, between Yotsuya Sta. and Akasaka Mitsuke Sta). They are extremely famous, but not for anything that I'm impresses me. Still, I've reached the point where I want to give second chances to good shops that visit Isetan, so I did. This time I got the Tokyo Super Cheesecake. The dirth of cheese makes it super, apparently, which is to say, this is the kind of cheesecake with lots of flour, so it's a cheese-flavored cake. Though not what I want in cheesecake, it is consistent with their line of fruit short cakes (this too had fruit inside, fig) and I enjoyed it, as it was dinitely good, but I'm not likely to get back to them soon, which is just as well given the prices (I stayed away from the high-end ones, which use high-end brand fruit).

No comments:

Post a Comment