Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Libertable: Charm

Before the rain got worse again, I cycled to Akasaka to bring the last of the excellent shops up to 5 cakes blogged. Since the Grace was not available (I wonder whether they alternate, since it was yesterday, though it could have sold out, of course), I went with Charm, which is a fairly standard mont-blanc with a fairly nonstandard ingredient for other ships, porcini (mushroom). I couldn't really identify the porcini (though it is supposed to be nutty, so, used correctly, I probably shouldn't detect it in chestnut without a lot more experience with porcini) and it was fairly standard in construction, meringue base under whipped cream, under chestnut paste, but it was perfect for me as far as what I like in a mont-blanc, so I'll say that it was great.

In other happy news, although I remain committed to no running this month, my commute walk was pain-free (I might have felt a ghost sensation at the end of one pass, but not pain). I might start doing some basic training to build up my ankles starting this weekend and soon try farther walking. My hands will be happy to get away from bicycling, as my wrists and fingers aren't that strong).

No comments:

Post a Comment