Sunday, June 10, 2018

Bigarreaux: Tarte Ordinaire

For today, Sunday (yeah, finally catching up), I chose pastry over cake (so later in the week I'll get cake instead of a pastry). First I verified that Fraoula only only has their prevoius four pastries, which was true. Then I went on to P. Bigarreaux, where I noticed that they did not have their almond croissant (it was fairly early, so I assume that it was not sold out), which was disappointing for the future. Today, I wanted something new. I had to consider my definition of pastry carefully, but I decided that the Tarte Ordinaire qualified (probably the only thing, though there was a flan tart or something that I might allow). This is a basic almond tart with a good deal of rum, not really soaked in it but at least moist with it. It was definitely good, but ordinary, as promised. The rain was little enough that eating outside was fine, though it rained all day and tomorrow will be worse, especially in the morning, as the taiphoon kills up rain clouds.

Of my top shops for pastries (ones with more great ones than sub-excellent ones), only Dalloyau has anything new for me, though I need to check in with P. Shima. I'll probably do that Wednesday on the way to Ginza, where I'll try again to get a cream puff from F. Cassel.

No comments:

Post a Comment