Sunday, June 10, 2018

Bien-être: Framboisier

For last Thursday, I cycled to Bien-être as a shop that should probably be promoted (from quite excellent to superb). In the past, I got overly focused on raising the cake count for such shops, but since mostly they fail as I get deeper into the line-up and cakes I initually ignored, now I'm trying to be more gradual about it (which also mean there are a lot of shops that need such attention).

I've gotten used to seemingly sudden changes in the line-up at Bien-être, but actually most of the cakes were familiar, include one that I haven't seen since last October when I declaired it great and then it was gone the next week before I got a chance to put it in a cake-off. This give me multiple conflicting priorities for the next cake-off, but I'll stick with two seasonal cakes, one temperarily at Isetan and get back to this one for the following cake-off.


For Thursday, though, I got the Framboisier, which was somewhat surprised not have gotten to before. The café space was full again, so it was for take-out. This is a fairly standard cake and I've been unimpressed previously, but this had the right levels of moisture
and sweetness, which are also very temperature dependent, so it's not clear that other shops are to blame. Anyway, while not a simple cake if you consider all the layers but somehow it feels simple, so I might get tired of it, but this is a great cake of a type that isn't heavily represented in my great list, so I'm hopeful that it will have staying power (and I don't feel in a hurry to put it in a cake-off, since it's been around for as far back as I can remember, as short a time as that is).


No comments:

Post a Comment