Sunday, June 10, 2018

Cake-off: Toshi Yoroizuka's Annya over Frédéric Cassel's Konatsu Cheesecake

Saturday's cake-off was between two first-round losers, both seasonal cakes. Konatsu Cheesecake (though actually I got the Étoile version, which is decorated for Tanabata, I'm guessing, which is an upcoming festival. They've fooled before by this name change a minor decorating of a cake, so I looked closely at the card when I saw that the cheesecake can changed and so that it was the same. Plus, they know me, so they made sure that I knew it was the same cake. I'm explaining out of order, since first I walked to Isetan and Toshi Yoroizuka's Annya. I probably would have been more time efficient to cycle to Kyoubashi Toshi Yoroizuka and then go down to Ginza Mitsukoshi, but two cakes on a bicycle is even harder than running and I have tomoai points at Isetan, so it's like an 8% discount.

The Annya was as remembered, like a great piece of rhubarb pie, perhaps. The cheesecake was excellent, but I wasn't feeling the greatness, so I might not need to keep this on the great list. If it returns for the third round (probably not, though some other cheesecake will probably appear next year), I'll have to consider carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment