Friday, June 15, 2018

Pierre Gagnaire: La Panthère Verte

Thursday night, I went down to Pierre Gagnaire in the ANA Intercontental in Akasaka. This is a fifth cake from a cake in my excellent list, leaving just one to bring up to five. I decided to try the La Panthère Verte, which has been there for at least a little while, along with other matcha (powered green tea) versions of cakes. La Panthère seems to be their signature cake, though I've never had it (and it wasn't available Thursday evening). Besides green tea, there were beans, as a another traditional Japanese sweets touch. Both aspects were fine, though not more than that. The cake was much more gelatinous than I expected, dominated overly by the outer layer that is holding the design. I still give it credit for concept and quality at what it was, so it was good, but I'm less interested in trying La Panthère now. Still, they'll stay in the excxellent group for a six cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment