Saturday, June 9, 2018

Paris S'éveille: Croissant Orange



Last Tuesday, I went looking for a pastry at Paris S'éveille, but I checked my cake spreadsheet rather than this blog, so I didn't know that I had gotten a Croissant Orange before. I was going there not just for another pastry but for another item from Paris S'éveille, who I intend to replace Pierre Hermé with as one of the two quite superb shops and also won the previous cake-off but they have no new cakes now. Fortunately, I've decided this time that the Croissant Orange is great and that new ratings now that I'm taking pastries more seriously override old rating (previously I had written that it was excellent). The amount of orange paste inside is actually fairly small but gives the correct balance, with the powdered sugar outside, so it's more like an orange version of a pain au chocolat than a croissant d'almonde, which often have so much almond paste that the croissant has a completely different shape, though there are different ways to almondize a croissant.

No comments:

Post a Comment