Saturday, June 9, 2018

Grégory Collet: Avant-Garde, Mimosa d'Été, and Roi de Maron

Another day in Kobe last Sunday and had cake for two at Grégory Collet, which has moved north and exchanged being a café for being a modest salon de thé. We'll miss the lunch menu, but at least there are a lot of interesting restaurants around there (which we wished we had taken advantage of rather than trying to eat at the hotel at Shin Kobe Stn.). 











Along with tea and coffee, we got three cakes: Roi de Maron, Avant-Garde, and Mimosa d'Été. It's been almost a week, so details have been lost in time, but t
he first is pretty much a basic mont-blanc, but not in a bad way: excellent.

The mimosa was a verrine, so not my thing. It was still good, and definitely orangy.









The last was sort of a surprise, as I didn't look at the specs closely. Outside is vanilla but inside is dark chocolate (Guadaja; 70% cacao) cream, as well as some biscuit, crunch, and nuts, I think. Definitely  excellent.

Only based on three cakes from ehre and the others that I've posted on, right now this seems like my top shop in Kobe. There are a couple other places I want to hit, but otherwise my priority is to get back here and also try again with L'Avenue, which previously had been excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment