Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Le Pommier, Pour Moi

Back again to Isetan today for cake, this time for a second cake from Le Pommier, which I had one good cake from previously. This time I went for the pistachio mousse cake, Pour Moi. I like pistachio mousse, but then I've had enough to get critical. This one was up front about having raspberry jelly, which put me off some what. Actually, it had quite a bit. But in fact, the textures matched when and the flavors also did not have trouble harmonizing (raspberry sometimes is overpoweringly sweet in cakes). Not sure what the white thing is even after eating it. It's not white chocolate, it was more like hard candy but not. Like yesterday's, which was an excellent cake, which bumps the shop up to potentially quite good, so I'll try to get back there for a third cake while they are at Isetan, but not tomorrow.

For excercise, I tried walking farther. Went as far as across from Akasaka Palace on the neighbhor route, taking more than 30 minutes to reach Lawson 100 for groceries. It was enough that I could feel it in my right foot but not enough for it to linger, so I hope to try farther tomorrow to get a pastry from Libertable (I've had three weekday cakes already, so even if I fail, I won't be too disappointed).

No comments:

Post a Comment