Friday, March 16, 2018

Platino: Opera Griottines

Wanted to get a puff pastry from Sadaharu Aoki, but it was not available, so I went back to Shinjuku Takashimaya and got a cake produced by the shop that I intended last time, Platino (though there were cakes from at least two others that I've not blogged on). I wasn't sure what I've had in the past from them, so I chose the Opera Griottines, which I'm more open to now than a few years ago (the raspberry looked very familiar).

The running was through Yoyogi finding a few kilometer markers that I had set on my neighborhood map so that I can use them in my next long run (actually, my last long run). No trouble spotting memorable landmarks to mark the spots (I could take pictures, but I'm not that interesting in making these permanent, just I'll keep adding ones until I find my maximum for my target long-distance speed). This was my first time to run through Yoyogi Park at night. Actually, the sign outside says that it's not open for use after 5 p.m., but they don't close the gates or turn the lights off on the main road/walk and there were a few people walking through it and the lights were on in the public restroom (and someone was standing in there, maybe just to keep out of the light rain). I hope tomorrow to finish off the far side of that loop by coming from the north and heading south (and ultimately to Jiyuugaoka, same as last week and probably the same as Sunday), taking a few pictures of places I haven't yet around there.

The cake was fine, so I'll call it good, but boring. I realize that I'm interested in a fairly narrow set of cakes, perhaps. This was layers of chocolate ganache, at least one, presumably with griottines (and maybe framboises, since there was a raspberry on top as well as a cherry). The ganache was not memorable and the sponge was soft and spongy (I suppose it had pistachios, since it was green, but the flavors were all rather weak or mostly canceled each other out. Not that I couldn't taste the cherry, just that's not enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment