Sunday, March 25, 2018

Paris S'éveille: Saint Honoré Caramel

Well, I successfully did 31 km of my neighborhood course at the 7 min/km pace. Even knowing that I did not need to go as fast as last time at the beginning did not seem to affect the first couple kilometers, which were under 6'10'' each, just because there is no slope and no stairs along there. I did let myself go over 7 min more often later without worrying about it, but near the end I cross 7'30'' and it was relatively flat I thought (though by that point, my judgement maybe was not that good and actually I can't think where that would be true), so I made the effort to speed up and didn't have so much trouble, though I was plenty tired. Mostly I could remember the kilometer markers and I didn't really start spacing one ones until fairly late. I'll need to get started on the next batch. Probably I'll try for around 48 km.

The run ended near the café Path, around Yoyogi Koen Stn., where there were people waiting. I assume that you can just get take-out, but it wasn't obvious, so I went down Musée du Chocolat Théobroma on by way to Jiyuugaoka, walking. At Théobroma I got a Pain au Chocolate. It was definitely good, squarely qualifying as a pastry rather than just fancy bread, but maybe I've had enough of this level of Pain au Chocolate by this point that I'm more hesitant to designate new ones a excellent. They also have cake there, which is the only place I know to get cake from them.

I made it to Paris S'éveille, despite sore feet. I'm not sure whether there is any solution to that, but they seem okay now. There, I got the Saint Honoré Caramel, which I had just noticed as something that I have not had from them before (I had a different flavored saint-honoré from them previously). This is a little delicate for such a long trip, so I took a picture of the other side. I liked this enough to call it great. Coming from a favorite store and being of a type that I haven't designated great are probably big factors, but I'd like to have this again and would recommend it to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment