Sunday, March 11, 2018

Dalloyau: Fromage Brulée

Finally got to that 20-kilometer run using the memorized kilometer points to see about doing 7 min kilometers for a long distance along my neighborhood map. Not that this was that long, but it was the next step. The first couple kilometers were perhaps too fast, around 6'10'' each, but that part is completely flat and the next kilometer, for example, has a few flights up of stairs up and a couple down, as well as an uneven park with some steps to cut through and a somewhat steep slope, so it was close to 6'50'''. Things settled close to 7' after the first several kilometers, so I was going too fast on average for the first part, but I actually went over a little three kilometers in a row around the 15th segment, so I'll probably have to expend some effort to go farther. Anyway, I didn't have trouble meeting my goal for 20 kilometers, but it doesn't seem a waste of time to do 30 km first before trying 40 km. First, though, I'll need to make a few more kilometer markers and memorize the next 30, which means I'll have to confirm the route through Yoyogi before getting back to confirming the new long loop through Akasaka and Roppongi that I was working on last week.

After the 20 km, I ran and walked over to the main Toukyuu Dept. Store in Shibuya. I also need to confirm the part of the map over there, some time, which I did a little of today for a new part that includes the department store and Viron across the street, which was good. I hadn't realized that I could connect that up by continuous neighborhood running. The main interest at Toukyuu is the Dalloyau. They did not have any that haven't see at Ginza Mitsukoshi, but they much more convenient today. As planned, I went with their Fromage Brulée, which is tiny, but that's fine; it's also proportionately priced. Like their Fromage Cru, this was excellent, being sort of an ideal baked (in this case) cheesecake along the lines that I would expect to make with a simple recipe, if my simple recipe actually worked perfectly. Maybe the thickness is important, as this is very thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment