Saturday, March 10, 2018

Cake-off: Jean-Paul Hévin's Violette over Paris S'éveille's Un Dimanche à Paris

Got a late start due a morning appointment, but was able to get both cakes for the cake-off starting by running to Jiyuugaoka for Paris S'éveille's Un Dimanche à Paris, and then coming back by train and waiting about 30 minutes in line (White Day next week) to get Violette from Jean-Paul Hévin at Isetan (I assume Tokyo Midtown would have been faster, but less convenient), which is only around through March 18. I was happy with both of these cakes. Un Dimanche à Paris maybe owes more of my appreciation due to novelty, being my favorite coconut cake, but that's not bad. Violette is a standard JPH chocolate mousse, this particular one cassis, so it's weakness is maybe lack of novelty, but consistently good cake is what keeps JPH at the top of my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment