Thursday, March 15, 2018

Frédéric Cassel: Paris-Brest Sakura

Tried going to Frédéric Cassel again, this time the day after White Day rather than the day before, and things were calmer, though there were still a couple dozen people in line at Jean-Paul Hévin. F. Cassel did not have a line, though all four people were busy filling other orders before I got served, and they were almost out of cakes, but they had two that I was interested in (which was good, because I looked in at my back-up on the way home and they were completely sold-out). I would have gone with a cake from this month's variation, but there was an actually different cake available, Paris-Brest Sakura, so I went with that. It seemed somewhat delicate, so I walked home (though vigorously) rather than jog. Because it was almost warm today, I was wearing the same thing I would on the hottest day, so it was a little chilly for walking, especially with high winds, but I was okay.

This cake is actually an éclair, so I'm not sure why they chose the name they did (the Paris-Brest part: it was obviously cherry-flavored). Very sweet (maybe that's why), and relatively pretty while still being excellent.

At home, I was happy to see on their website that Jean-Paul Hévin finally listed what the new upcoming cakes are and all three are ones I've rated great and one I've never did a cake off, so it's going to continue to be JPH versus everyone else in cake-offs for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment