Sunday, March 18, 2018

Paris S'éveille: Gateau Vanille

It was time to try something new from Paris S'éveille. On the way, I veered north after crossing Yamanote Line to explore tentative parts of my neighborhood map there, but now I realize that I'm still too uncertain about the parts further north that could be connected to know what the actual course is going to look like. The neighborhoods I started with were much simpler, with few entrances and exits. I'm going to have to go on foot and see where the boundaries are according to my rules of what constitutes a continuous running course before finishing that part of the map.

Between seasonal allergies with all accompanies them (such as sleep loss and side effects of medicines, although I don't use very strong medicine) and lots of running the previous days, I was pretty tired and relatively out of breath so there was a lot more walking than normal. Also, it was a late start, so another 30 minutes slower did not seem much of a problem.

At Paris S'éveille, I got Gateau Vanille, which has been in the line-up for a while now. It's not the last untried cake (I realize now that I haven't had the current St. Honore, as wekk as a kind, or other kind of, puff pastry, Parisien). This might be better than Pierre Hermé's vanille tart, which is to say it's great. No surprise that the first great cake of March came from the same shop that provided one of two great cakes last month, where the other was Jean-Paul Hévin.

No comments:

Post a Comment