Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Pierre Hermé: Fraisier

 Took a second cake from the pistachio and strawberry series at Pierre Hermé at Isetan (but not on the Pierre Hermé webpage, since this isn't this month's featured combination), the Fraisier, which is strawberries in pistachio custard creme, I think, between top and bottom layers of genoise (a sponge cake layer). It was definitely good and I like these flavors, but it was (by design) a higher proportion of fruit than I like in cake, so I can't rate it higher than that as far as my personal appreciation. It's also definitely high quality, so go for it if you're into this sort of cake and passing by the main Isetan store.

For running, I did a light jog in order to avoid slipping on ice as well as to protect myself generally in preparation for doing a long run Sunday. Besides my body and the weather, I have to worry about the Shinjuku City Half Marathon, which is the same morning. It's mostly on main roads that I'm not so much on, but I'm kind of surrounded at the beginning and it would better if I could get up really early and get the Yotsuya and north Sedagaya-Shinjuku parts out of the way before they start.

Today, I just ran down to the United Church of Christ in Japan Akasaka Church to make sure that I can recognize the turns around there, since that was the main part I had trouble with on that loop, and came back. Still, that took more than 50 minutes, even stopping early at the grocery. I'll have the chance to confirm some other portion Friday night, if I want, but I might just rest up, since I would like to run Saturday to Jiyugaoka for a cake-off purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment