Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Dolce MariRosa: Gateau Chocolat

Ran down to the southwest Harajuku area because I needed to check whether the bridges between it and the northeast part (on the other side of Omotesandou Street) were open for a pseudo-continuous run (the course will be continuous, without stoplight interruptions, but I'm definitely going to take breaks every hour or so, for health purposes). No problem with the bridges and no problem with that part of the course, as far as remembering it or being able to cross where I need to (there was snow yesterday one place where I had made a change, so I couldn't actually see the crosswalk lines).

For cake, I visited Dolce MariRosa, on the grounds that I should blog every cake shop in my neighborhood. I had a bad experience there previously, which is why I haven't visited and blogged about them until now. I went with the Gateau Chocolat as the most fancy French cake like, which is exactly what this shop is obviously not trying to be. This is a slice of traditional (French) chocolate cake in a tart shell (I still don't understand why) with a little whipped cream and strawberry. Actually, if was fine, which is to say good. Since I fear much worse, I'm quite satisfied. Not my kind of place, but that nice is open in that neighborhood, which has Pierre Hermé and Bubó Barcelona nearby, so they don't need another fancy cake shop, probably.

It's a little scary finding the bridges open. I may actually have to do a personal record-breaking endurance run this Sunday, though not if it's raining or snowing. A little rain and snow is okay for short runs or even a long run in the summer, but not now.

No comments:

Post a Comment