Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Pierre Hermé: Fraisier Pistache

Pierre Hermé started their next line-up today. I went to Isetan thinking that they wouldn't anything new to me, since the web page was not updated last night, but it turned out that not only did they have 4 of their next "feature" (based on passion fruit and pineapple), but 4 strawberry ones that I've never gotten around to. The later group is still not on their website, so I might have to update the name later. Fortunately, I could find an old webpage with the full recipe so I know what's in it. The base is "la dacquoise pistache", which I should have recognized immediately, since I've made it (not this well or this particular recipe, as far as I know, but more of as, as a standard type). The cream is "la crème mousseline pistache". I've had much too sweet fruity candy recently, so this sweet but not too sweet strawberry and pistachio dessert had the flavor and the elegance that I've been craving, so it is easy for me to say that it is great. I'm see whether I can get it into a cake-off before it disappears (I let the Tarte Infiniment Mandarin slip away).

The run was similarly informative. I went down to the southwest part of my completely neighborhood map and found that one of the Akasaka loops doesn't work, because there's a signal light in the way of where I need to cross the street, but it was mostly redundant (under looser rules of being across the street from a landmark is close enough) so I deleted it and just had to extend a couple other parts slightly. I'll keep practicing and get it right eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment