Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Planetes: Regular Chocolate

Well, it's been 48 hours since a 60+ km run and I seem to be okay. Had a little scare with a rash across my front (which I get from sweat/heat when I'm weak), due to not paying attention to my skin yesterday, probably, but it seems to be almost completely recovered by now. I did a short run of a little under 6 km to confirm the part of the Sendagaya northeast loop where I forgot to turn and then confirmed a direct route across northern Sendagaya. I need to start cutting across neighborhoods quicker if I want to reach farther neighborhoods without cheating or running to long. My speed was safely above 9 km/h. I'm not sure that I need to go so far as last Sunday again, but if I do, I want to increase my average speed to above 8 km/h (not necessary, but not being able to do it is one sign that I'm tiring myself more than necessary, maybe) and also increase my calorie intake, to see how that helps with extreme fatigue, which was not that bad but was the only trouble I really had, to my surprise, that and the rash, which is probably related.

For cake, I didn't want to go far, so I headed to Isetan, forgetting that they are taking a holiday today. Next I went to Takashimaya Shinjuku (which is actually also in Sendgaya, Shibuya-ku, but is right next to Shinjuku Station) and got something from P. les Planetes. I know not to expect much from Takashimaya's cake counter and I didn't even write down the name of what I got (which was only written phonetically), but it seemed to be Regular Chocolate, so I'm sticking to that. Online, the most similar cake that I could find was the Chocolat Framboise, which this is not, since this seems to have cassis as well as raspberries. Perhaps because I didn't let it warm up much from the refrigerator before starting to eat it, the top layer of chocolate (which it needs to seal in the moisture, whereas the sides had plastic) was overly gelatinous, but the taste and texture of the cake was fine. Nothing exciting, but good.

No comments:

Post a Comment