Thursday, January 18, 2018

Bien-être: Tarte aux Fraises et aux Pistaches

Ran out to get a cake from Bien-être to confirm them as a quite excellent shop. Decided to consult Google Maps for once to see what the direct route is like, since I decided recently that going past Harajuku Stn. is fine (as long as you come in from the north). Crossed under Yamanote-doori rather than use the pedestrian bridge and averaged above 10.5 km to Asterisk (I overshop). At Bien-être, I could not eat in for the first time: two tables were being used, two tables were reserved (didn't know you could do that there) and the counter was occupied so I got take-out and ran back a somewhat longer path definitely slower (but relatively well navigated, now that my experience with neighborhood running courses has taught me more about the interior streets in Sendagaya).

Because of a recent great cake, I though I try the Tarte aux Fraises et aux Pistaches (not the actual name, but I didn't write it down and that was what it was minus at least one "aux" and maybe an "x" and an "s" or two). This has fresh strawberry and some whipped cream, so I think it qualifies as fresh cake rather than pastry according to my personal classification. However, it was pretty much a basic tart, which is to say a little bland for my tastes. Still good and I can't blame them too much for being as advertised.

Without a long discussion of my cake accounting system, I'll note that Bien-être is caught up but is not currently a candidate for a Superb shop. The problem is Ryoco, which is rarely open and I'm not caught up with them. I just checked, and actually they are open the weekend after next and selling a couple fresh cakes via online reservation, but that system is closed now or it's just sold out, but I'm going to have to starting watching their website regularly to catch them selling fresh cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment