Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Pierre Hermé: Mogador

Tried this month's Pierre Hermé feature flavor which is Mogador, which is pineapple and passion fruit. This week I decided to try the cake of the same name, which has a several millimeter layer of roast pineapple and passion fruit chocolate ganache, milk chocolate, and whipped cream, I think. Unfortunately, it's not any better than it sounds and this one you definitely need to put on it's side to cut, because the hard parts are solid and there are soft parts. It's still good, as I can't fault it for being as advertised, but I think I'll take advantage of the other Fraise cakes next week.

The run was along the newly made Akasaka-Roppongi Loop, which is 7.62 km. I had to double back at one point, but it goes buy the same landmarks as in other smaller loops and links, so I think it was going to be okay. I still wish I could get closer to Hitotsugu Park (there's an inner Akasaka Loop that going across from it, but there's a formidable railing on the otherwise, in case you are tempted to jaywalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment