Monday, January 22, 2018

Cake-off: L'Abricotier's Sicile over Pierre Hermé's Fraisier Pistache,

I've been busy, so I'm four days behind blogging. Friday was a pastry day. I got a Croissant from La Baguette, which is a Shinjuku neighborhood bakery. It was simple and appropriately priced, but good. The run was back to the Hirakawachou-Kioichou Loop and then the Koujimachi-Kioichou Link on the neighborhood map, which went fine this time, so I don't have to worry about that area, I think.

For Saturday, I couldn't start early but early enough to run to L'Abricotier and get the Sicile (need to correct the spelling on the previous post, based on the current card). I didn't expect or have any problem getting the Fraisier Pistache from Pierre Hermé. They are both great (my tastes haven't changed so much in a few months) and use similar ingredients, but I have to go with the richer more intense Sicile (with mousse and sauce) over the subtler classic of the Fraisier Pistache (with dacquoise and fresh strawberries), so the child in me won over the snob, maybe, but that's okay. I know what I like (well, both, actually, quite a lot).

No comments:

Post a Comment