Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Cacahouète: Coeur de Chocolat

Did a local run to practice the Kita-Aoyama--Jinguumae--Shibuya Loop, which I slightly messed up on Sunday. Today was no problem, but I used the busy bridge to cross to it rather than the usual full neighborhood route because that was the closest way following a neighborhood-compatible route (no traffic lights necessary) and of course much of this route is pretty busy either due to tourists or being close to main train stations. Still, for a little under 11 km, I managed a >9.5 km/h hour rate. I've said for long runs, I'd like to stay above 8 km/h, but that's just running. In a real 100 km ultra marathon, for example, that would leave me only 90 minutes of non-running time to make a maybe typical 14 hour limit, which might be enough but is stricter than I've been with myself. Note that I've ever raced any distance: I can buy a lot of cake with what entry fees cost, even without travel and lodging costs (for running outside Tokyo). Still got a couple more less convenient loops to practice before worrying about exploring new sections or trying to maintain a reasonable speed over a longer neighborhood course. I haven't actually gotten photographs of all the locations on last Sunday's route and won't have time this weekend. Next weekend is a three-day weekend, so I'll probably do that.

I got cake from the visiting shop at Isetan, Cacahouète. I've had one good cake from them in the past, which is good enough to at least give them a second try if they are willing to come to Isetan and I don't have anything else going on. I got the Coeur de Chocolat, which sort of speaks for itself. This is a solid coating, otherwise I would want to stay away from anything heart-shaped (since would require enough gelatin to hold the shape). Inside is a good amount of dark chocolate mousse, I think some Bavarian cream, and a tiny bit of red fruit, presumably raspberry but not necessarily, I suppose. There is also a very rich dark coating on the outside. This was darker mousse than one often gets with mousse cakes, which I appreciate and the fruit was just enough to accent rather than dominate, so I can say that this was excellent, which raises this shop to to possible Quite Good in my estimation. This is still not enough to make me need to run out there soon, but is enough to maybe hit them again while they are at Isetan. I'm busy Sunday as far as running, but I might be looking for cake for two.

No comments:

Post a Comment