Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Jean-Paul Hévin: Victoria

Did a little over an hour of running to, back, and around Akasaka and have some ideas about how to reform my neighborhood map (a several-kilometer loop with just one small inner loop connected by a relatively short link). I'll try to follow the new parts tomorrow, maybe. Lots of hills and stairs around there, like many places in Tokyo, but I did make an effort to do some fast running too.

The cake I got ahead of time from Jean-Paul Hévin: Victoria. This seems to be new to me, and definitely to this blog. This is layers of different densities: Brazilian chocolate whipped cream on top of a chocolate mousse on top of an almost solid chocolate base. The top is a biscuit scented (?) with whisky, just enough to get a little taste and accent the chocolate. Note that the construction was such that you could cut it vertically, no problem (the biscuit was sufficiently brittle). This is not so different from some other chocolate cakes of theirs but that does not change it from being great, so maybe it will be in a cake-off soon against the recent Bien-être baked flourless chocolate cake, if they both stick around long enough, since I have a couple other pairs I want to do first.

No comments:

Post a Comment