Thursday, January 4, 2018

Bien-être: Serge

Had a longish run (70+ min) with quite a bit of walking, as I detoured to see what a Jinguumae 1 loop would look like. Even though the big shrine there was busy due to New Year visits, that part was no trouble, but standard holiday (for many people) Harujuku (the not-so-old name for the neighborhood) crowds make running around the SDA Tokyo Central Church difficult. I'll give up on crossing the central shopping street at anywhere but the main road (Meiji-doori), which is also crowded but doesn't have so many people lined up for crepes or hawking whatever the big African dudes are (sportswear, I think).

As I often do, I ate in at Bien-être (my timing was good, as a table opened up while I was waiting to order) and got Serge, which is chocolate cream, hazelnut cream, chocolate ganache base, and almond biscuit. It's the kind of thing that attracts me and yet usually disappoints me. This was definitely good, much like the Tops cake the previous day, but more interesting since it had more going on, but not really at the level that I hoped for, in terms of my own tastes.

Probably I should give cake a rest tomorrow (though it's been only two days in a row, so I'm tempted to do a second visit to Lindt) since there is a three-day weekend coming up and I'd like to get the first cake-off of the year in, if not two, and visit Toshi Yoroizuka (though I can do that on a weekday).

No comments:

Post a Comment