Sunday, February 25, 2018

Arnaud Larher: Toulouse Lautrec

Another day working on exploring Tokyo to create a continuously connected running course In Tokyo expanding outward from the southeast Yotsuya neighborhood. Today I was exploring southeast of Shibuya, which requires going outside the Yamanote Line and coming hooking around north of Ebisu Stn. I was trying to get to Hiroo but only had time to research in detail just west of there (the tentative course I've made loops around Hiroo High School and Junior High School and past the Elementary School, but all of these are actually in a neighborhood simply called Higashi (East), which is at least east of the Shibuya neighborhood but I can see why it's too genetic to be useful as a school name. I haven't actually filled in neighborhood Ebisunish, which I have to go through to get there (I thought I had found a workaround, but facts on the ground proved me wrong), so nothing final.

I headed to Hiroo because Sweet Sonobe has been posting lots about cakes at Arnaud Larher, who has a shop there. The cakes are certainly photogenic, and they had some baked goods that I'm interested in, too. With some trepidation, I went with their main chocolate mousse cake, Toulouse Lautrec. This is a common cake form, but seemingly difficult, at least to satisfy me. Mousse is supposed to be kept cold, but I think I should have let this warm up more, because I was not getting a lot of taste out of this, though enough that it was good. If they get to Isetan, I'll give them a second chance, but otherwise, I'll keep looking for the next shop that's obviously worthy of repeated visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment