Thursday, February 22, 2018

Bien-être: Tarte Gorgonzola

Switched from Fred Cassel to Bien-être, remembering that I owed the latter a cake from a cake-off win, but now I've found out that F. Cassel has a one-week only special cake. Well, I don't have any other plan for their last day, so there's a slim chance I'll get it (probably slim any day I go just before closing), and I have at least one backup lined up for Ginza Mitsukoshi, besides getting a different cake at F. Cassel.

It's cold and rainy today, but not so heavy and the evening was mostly clear. I verified a kilometer marker for the future (though I want to expand the map in that direction, so I might have to redo a couple, but I have time before I'll need them), which I could, but I'm still having trouble remembering the actual route outbound from it (not that I care that much, as long as I'm parallel roads and don't overshoot the park at the far end). Kept the pace somewhat slow even outbound and tried to get my hips moving better, trying to figure out why I have more trouble with my right foot and ankle than the left.

Bien-être had a lot of reservation cards out, so I went with take-out. Also, I got the Tarte Gorgonzola, which was the most cake-like thing that they had left that was new to me (other choices in the cake case were choux cream, apple pie, and pudding in a little glass, which I would select in that order), which looked pretty robust to cakerunning. Foolishly, I was not expecting much, but this shop excels at simple, homemade-looking things. This has fig on the top, which adds an accent or harmonizes in a way that didn't noticeably take over (but made me wish that I that had prepared sharper knife). The cheese flavor was also not so strong to overpower things, but enough to make this a different taste than any other cheese cakes/tarts than I can recall. Definitely excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment