Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Frédéric Cassel: Tarte Exotique

Monday and Tuesday were repetitive, in that I went to Ginza Mitsukoshi two days in a row on the off chance that I could get a super-limited cake. I failed both times, but wasn't really surprised. Still, I had good runs and relieved some stress. Monday I got a Pain au Chocolat from Johan. This was definitely good. It was a little more on the bread side than I'm really looking for, but I don't blame them for that, since they are more a typical bakery, not a pâtisserie.

Tuesday, I decided that it was time to take the next step in overcoming my prejudice against coconut by getting the Tarte Exotique from Frédéric Cassel, despite it even having visit shredded coconut (though it does not seem to be raw, thankfully). This has a cacao biscuit shell with a layer of coconut ganache and milk chocolate-coconut ganache, none of which seem like good ideas to me, though I appreciate a nice solid tart. Fortunately, they know what they are doing more than I know what would be good and everything worked well together to make an actually excellent cake, though that might being giving it credit for difficulty, as well as my bias toward this brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment