Monday, February 12, 2018

The Ritz-Carlton Café and Deli: Mont-blanc

Overdid it today, to the extent that I got tired of being out doing running-related stuff, not so much that I ran too far. Even before breakfast, did a run for food supplies. After breakfast, the drugstore opened, so I ran there, and then finished off with a trip to the main grocery store for different food supplies. It was about 11:00 before I actually went out for the planned run. That was mostly confirming locations on the neighborhood map and taking photos, so I should have limited it since that gets boring after awhile. I'm working on Roppongi, which is not turning out to be my favorite place, though its okay and its not a deadend; I'm more interesting in expanding southwest in Shibuya.

I decided that I had enough around 13:00 and headed home by way of Tokyo Midtown, where I finally made a follow-up trip to The Ritz-Carlton Café and Deli. It's fairly big (and on a holiday, fully booked for inside seats, not that I wanted to eat in) but has a limited and fairly conservative variety. The Mont-Blanc seemed to be the top fresh cake (their chocolate cake is on a different shelf of the display and looks like it could make it through the day okay, but it's their premium item and they sell as both 1000 yen small cuts and whole cakes, as well as with special café sets which special high-end coffee or wine). The mont-blanc was definitely good, being standard and yet not too thick for my tastes.

They also have breads, also conservative Japanese (such as curry bread), with only one or maybe two (non-savory) pastries, so maybe I don't need to be in a hurry for trying that versus getting back to Christa for a second pastry.

No comments:

Post a Comment