Sunday, February 18, 2018

Cacahouète: Tarte Cacahouète and Baba au Rhum

Friday, by request, I went down to P. Cacahouète Paris. Someone wanted choux cubes, and I did not object. Actually, no pictures of those, which we ate in (it's a pretty cramped space and they had to move pastries to allow two people to sit, though there is also outside seating, which we were not interested in during February weather). Specifically we had the Chou Cube Vanille and Chou Cube Pistache, both of which was definitely good, if more like pudding than cake, but I liked the pistachio one more.

For cake, which we took home, we got the Tarte Cacahouète, which is a caramel cream (sorry, I've already forgotten what other flavor might have been in there, peanuts, I guess, but I'm wondering whether I'm forgetting a touch of fruit) which I liked most and was excellent, and a Baba au Rhum, which is not really my thing, but this was seemed excellent, so my impression is reinforced that this is a quite good patisserie.

No comments:

Post a Comment