Thursday, February 8, 2018

Bien-être: Doux Fromage

Did a run out to Bien-être and back, by different routes, neither the shortest way. I actually ran a little longer then yesterday in terms of time but maybe not in terms of distance, since I felt more tired today. Still, it was a good run, even if parts of it were a little boring, running along the tracks along Meiji Shrine and then needing to run past Yoyogi Park, which is huge. I was right about just one more mesh short-sleeve shirt being enough for the current level of coldness. The difference was more dramatic than I expected, although maybe it was a little colder yesterday.

I could eat in this time at Bien-être. Actually, Bien-être was not a top priority in the overall plan, just it was reasonably within order (I can go to Ginza Mitsukoshi any time) and I wanted to confirm that their baked chocolate cake was still available from a week-end cake-off, which they told me it would be.

For today, I got the Doux Fromages (I think; someone was blocking the counter so I couldn't confirm on the way out), which is a two layer cheesecake (baked and rare). I'm thinking that there is probably a little fruit confit or something at the bottom on the crust, but I wasn't quite sure or what it might be, since it did not conflict with the sweetness and a little sourness of the cheesecake, maybe lemon or yuzu, though I have pineapple on my mind. As I said, it was fairly sweet as Japanese cheesecake goes and allowed a little sourness, which often Japanese cheesecake does not, so it was ideal for me, definitely excellent. It was also a little heavy, which is what I like, though it made for a slow start running back, which was fine with me. Actually, with this excellent cake, Bien-être is back in the running to replace Toshi Yoroizuka at the superb shop level. Next week is crowded, though so I probably won't be back for new cake (still haven't had their raspberry) for two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment