Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Dominique Ansel Bakery: 25-Layer Tart Tatin

Tuesday, being the first day of the short workweek, I went for a pastry. I overdid it the previous day and had things to do around the house, so I just did a quick run to Christa and got a Pain aux Raisins. It was definitely good, but I sensed that this would have been better more fresh; not much I can do about that with a shop that's only open on weekdays.

Wednesday, I went to Ginza Mitsukoshi with the intention of visiting Frédéric Cassel and found out why, I think, they still have not updated their homepage to include this month's featured selection of cakes, which I already saw on the 1st: they were not selling them today because of focusing on chocolate sales. Well, I'm not that into this month's theme, there are two more weeks, and there's a new theme every month, so no worries. My back-up was Dominique Ansel Bakery. I haven't heard anything great about them but they also have a shop on my neighborhood running course and they are Mitsukoshi, so that's reason enough. I went with the 25-Layer Tart Tatin. It's heavy, started off lopsided and came in a huge bag, so I mostly walked (hard) on the way back. This was as good as layers of baked apple can expected to me. I wonder if the great one I think I had was warm? Anyway, it's good and probably healthier than mounds of cream, just not that exciting to me. Still, I'd like to get their eat-in place in Omotesandou some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment