Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Jean-Paul Hévin: Violette

Did a lot of walking today, first to Isetan and then back from Ginza Mitsukoshi (rather than run with cake, and to focus on my right foot, which has been giving me some problems, though that's not new), though I also did a few kilometers of running in the middle.

At Isetan, my first two choices failed: Blondir (a maybe good shop I've had only one cake from who were visiting but sold out on their last day) and Jean-Paul Hévin, who were sold out of what I wanted. My alternate was Sadaharu Aoki, but I decided to go to Ginza instead, where I could have a second chance at JPH's cake and 4 alternative counters that I was interested in. As it happens, I was successful at JPH, getting the Violette (or maybe Violet, though the Japanese pronunciation, which is all I have online, looks like the Italian, which seems unlikely). This is a chocolate mousse flavored with cassis (redcurrant) and scented with sumire (violets) on top of a pretty rich and relatively solid chocolate base. It is great, so I'll have to keep track of how long it's going to stick around and get in a first-round cake-off.

No comments:

Post a Comment