Friday, October 20, 2017

Toshi Yoroizuka: Choux Paysanne

The rain continues and will get worse through Tuesday as a super-large typhoon sweeps through. Despite that, I went out Thursday night, late, and did a quick tour of the very small neighborhood course, which I'll probably revise (so the link will disappear, but I'll update with a more stable link to a total neighbor map that includes it). I shaved a couple minutes off my time but still came just a fraction under 9.500 km/h for the 3.93 km. No cake or even cake substitute, like a pastry or bread.

Friday, I went to Tokyo Midtown, where the choices were few again. One thing that I've been seeing for a long time was Choux Paysanne, which has praliné cream, which I like, so rather than get one of the chestnut or pumpkin cakes that I haven't had, I got it. I like the cream, but it needs something more substantial in terms of texture and taste. Instead it comes with choux pastry, which is just a light shell without providing much taste, and custard, which needs at least something substantial in terms of texture but does not really go with any other taste as far as I can tell. This is all more criticism of my choosing skills rather than the actual cake, since these probably meets my needs and was good even to me, just I should have taken a chance on chestnut shortcake instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment