Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Ginza run: no cake, just cake news

Went to the Jean-Paul Hévin chocolate bar in Marunouchi for the Chauson Chocolat, but found out that they only get those Mondays and Fridays. I was due to skip cake at least one days, so I wasn't really disappointed and now I know when to go (it would be weird that they would have them every day, because I wouldn't think their customer volume was high enough). Thought about completing the loop around the inner moat again, but could not remember very clearly whether I had seen this month's line-up at Frédéric Cassel, so I went to Ginza Mitsukoshi, where they had the Breteuil again, finally. I've got other plans for the next cake-off, but maybe after that. The other news is that Dalloyau, which used to be my #2 shop but now is just in the top 7, has closed their main store, in Ginza. It's a really old building, I noticed, looking closely at it, and seems to be completely vacant now, so I assume that they'll tear it down. Of course, the Mitsukoshi Dalloyau counter is just one block away (and now makes more sense, as I don't think that was there has year). Dalloyau's shop in Jiyugaoka will become their new main store, after some renovations (though it's big enough already, it seems like, but I'm not sure where they actually make the cakes). Running, I was trying to go a little fast going out, since I was slow getting started and didn't want things to close on me, so it was about 10 km/h for about 11 km total.

No comments:

Post a Comment