Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Shima: Montélimar

I'm working my way through the under-visited Excellent shops and tried P. Shima today. Nothing was particularly recommended, so I took a chance and got Montélimar. It's vegetables in cake, and it's sweet enough and creamy enough that it's different from vegetables in Jello, but really not that big a step up, so I couldn't really see the point and no particular flavor stood out besides the sweetness to make it cake. It's ok, but I regret not going for something standard, like their mont-blanc. I'll probably be less adventurous next time.

For the running, of course, first I had to get the cake and bring it back, because they close early (but are close). Then I wanted to try a new long neighborhood map that swings out to the temple and shrine on the northwest corner of Shinjuku Gyoen Park by swinging all the way south. I installed a new app, Runtastic and tried it out. It's not the pro version. It didn't quite handle the tricky bit at the far point where I circled around the temple (Google also recommends the same wacky route there if you don't really pin it down at the right points, which is probably why) and the phone was hard to get out (I need a new bag for jogging with a bigger outside pocket) and figure out how to get it to stop recording, though may I'll get better at that, but it was reasonably close about the distance and speed, so I'll probably leave it to do future calculations. Still running on the balls of my feet today, which I did the first 5 km at a relatively fast 10 km/h, but the next at 8 km/h, partially from being tired, partially from more obstacles in the form of people, a pedestrian bridge, and less familiar roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment