Sunday, October 29, 2017

Woo-Roo-Goo: Joan

Got stir crazy or something and went out despite the rain in front of the typhoon. It was not that cold and wasn't windy, and the rain was mostly light and even stopped, but it was more than a non-crazy person would put up with. I took the train back so that at least I could warm up before eating the cake (I wasn't cold running, but a little more clothes for the train back would have been nice, though at least the subway tunnels are warm, still).

I went with Joan, which is a yuzu-flavored chocolate mousse cake with a little cream in the middle and also a center base with chopped nuts. It was definitely good and I might once have given it the benefit of the doubt and called it excellent, but maybe I'm not feeling that generous, but I would be surprised if other cakes were of similar good quality, so I expect I'll be back again there some day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment