Thursday, October 26, 2017

La Vie Douce: Ginger

Trying to make this quick, I hit my last Excellent shop for a fourth cake: Ginger at La Vie Douce. The run was all the neighborhood courses that I've learned (mostly) so far, despite changing them almost every time to include parts I've never run before. I'm fine on the SW of Yotsuya 3-chome course, so I finished that one last, no problem, but the big challenge was the Yotsuya 3-chome, which is 10.3 km. Of course, a large part of that is a connector running along the north side of Jingue Gaien, which could be its own loop, only all it has is one park and one exit into a deadend loop (no other bridges out). The Under Shinjuku Gyoen loop was not really run as planned (long actually), but not in any part that matters. It's not a deadend, so I'll try it again and see whether the construction actually allows me to do the post map (once the new street goes, the west part is going to get cut off, but the connector south will still be there, so no problem). Overall, it was about 19 km at a slow 9 km/h, which is pretty good for how uncertain I was, how long it was, and how many stairs and steep slopes there are.

The Ginger cake was good. Even though it's a dome, it's not mousse or a lot of cream, but fairly stiff cake (maybe dacquoise), which is what I like. Besides raw ginger, which was not the strong (the outer layer is just a few millimeters), there was orange compote inside, along with the cake. It was definitely good cake, but I'm going to have to denote the shop down to Quite Good. I've got to keep checking there for when they make Chiboust Yuzu again. It could be never.

Now that I'm caught up on old shops (not counting ones that I promoted), I should start visiting new shops, occasionally, for instance a couple that I've put on my Neighborhood Map that I've posted on. For Sunday, though I plan to follow up on the more distant ones that I got from Joshi Plus (which seems to be out of the business as far as new posts) and Sweet Sonobe (who seems to have been outside of the country recently).

No comments:

Post a Comment