Monday, October 9, 2017

[Th] Pierre Hermé: Mont-blanc Hommage

I'm way behind. I was busy preparing for a busy weekend, and then I got a new phone that I am still setting up and learning to use, like how to get it to stop blinking and sending me endless messages that I (probably) don't need, in Japanese.

But back on Thursday, it was time to visit Pierre Hermé at Shinjuku Isetan and run around the neighborhood course again, which of course, I've send completely revamped to combine all directly (no stop lights) connected paths between temples, shrines, churches, at least semi-public parks (ones that I can enter for free at most times that I would want to), and cake shops (that I've acknowledged). Again, my plan is to label all these at least minimally and add photos where Google Maps lets me (I haven't found it consistent about that). This day, I went about 11 km, I think, but anyway definitely 77 minutes.

The cake was definitely good, but fell in the category of mont-blanc that I'm not into: really dense chestnut paste (with pear, of course, that being the combination for the monthly ones). There are more in this series, but I think I'll got for the pumpkin tart first, which will at least be different.

Friday, I didn't have time to run, but I did have time to get a Cinnamon Danish from Andersen, and this I found excellent. It really is pastry rather than simple a roll.




No comments:

Post a Comment