Monday, October 16, 2017

Satsuki: Mont-Blanc

Rainy week, not that it's a change from the end of last week. Decided to finally try Satsuki on account of them being at Isetan (until tomorrow). This is literally the most expensive place I know. The featured cake at Isetan is the Extra Super Melon Short Cake, which is 4000+ yen. I went for the regular Mont-blanc, though they have a special triple-plus version.

The run was along the new Short Neighborhood course, just to set a standard time (at a slow pace in the rain), which was 27'35.8'' for 3.94 km. Then I tried the first of the medium ~12 km version that expands west via the southwest corner and filled up the hour. I was running at a low 9 km/h. I measured too with Runtastic, which tends to round the corners, and this was a lot of corners, plus 4 pedestrian overpass crossings, so it lost about 1 km of 9 km, so I still need Google for complicated measurements.

The cake was a very dense, very chestnut (including at least part of one in the middle) Mont-blanc, which may be great for people who like that, but I'm fairly uninterested. Still, good cake and no doubt their other cakes are good, but it's just as well that I won't be working my way through their lineup.

No comments:

Post a Comment