Friday, October 13, 2017

à tes souhaits!: Grenoble

Did a second visit of à tes souhaits! by bicycle, trying to bring up all the Quite Excellent shops to two fresh cakes. I had the afternoon off, but first I had to go buy a new bike pump that took French valves and had a pressure gage and hen I did really understand how to use it (it's super simple, but I'm simpler). Eventually I got it and then got to the shop at probably around 3 pm. à tes souhaits! is the most crowded place that I know (and they've opened up a separate shop next door for ice cream and I forget what else), which is why I prioritize getting there on a weekday. I don't know why other than there not being much else out there and they appearing at the top or near on Tabelog, the main restaurant rating system.

There are two tables out from and there was a window when one became open (not that surprising, as people usually come for take-out), so I snagged it and was able to eat my cake. The cake is called Grenoble and is walnut and caramel. The walnut is highly sugary, not to the point that it was not definitely good but too much that ultimately I decided that it depended too much on that for flavor, so I could not really say that it was excellent. Maybe it would done better if I had tea and it had chilled a while first (even straight from the shop, I often find cake not as chilled as I would like, so this may just be partially my preference. The end result is that this shop stays in the Quite Good category, so it will be a couple years before I get back there (but it seems likely that they'll still be there).

Full disclosure, in the late afternoon I ran a few kilometers to P. Shima to correct the name of their cake from Tuesday. I was a little tired from cycling, so that was only 9 km/h. I'll see about getting to the last one-cake Quite Good shop (which just means that the one cake was excellent).

No comments:

Post a Comment