Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Philippe Conticini: chocolate cake

Tried to go to Dalloyau to get their Tarte Mangue, but it was sold out (I'm running really slow these days). As a back up, I went with Philippe Conticini, which I did not have any recommendation for, but it was conveniently across the street and I was curious. Not sure what the thing that I got was called, since the name was not meaningful to me and I had no card to write it down on (and the receipt just says "cake" and I didn't find any online photos) but Chocolate E-something, so I'm just calling it a chocolate cake. It was tart-sized, but more like a pound cake or spice cake. It only qualifies as fresh cake because of the topping. I'm pretty sure it was chocolate, but like I said, it was more like spice cake, though I'm not sure what spice, either. It was good, however, and they had other things that definitely were tarts and couple things that online cross-sectional photos make look like a brownie buried in frosting or mousse. Since they have a café, I might want to try that some time I need a new café to visit in that area.

No comments:

Post a Comment