Sunday, July 16, 2017

(Friday) Il Pleut sur la Seine: Relaxation

Ran to Il Pleut sur la Seine again, probably at closer to 9 km/h this time. The cake was, I think, Relaxation (my katakana transcription was a little shaky in the middle). It seems to be in the family of roll cake. The meringue on top is interesting and the cake is courser than just typical sponge, but beyond that it's basically fruit (can't remember what, maybe peach) with custard. It was definitely good but not something that I need, which leaves this shop not so different from many Excellent shops, so I'll have to consider who is more deserving of Quite Excellent status. Toshi Yoroizuka certainly seems to be, but I'll need one more to balance out Henri le Roux's exit from the fresh cake biz.

On the plus side, they also gave me a financier, which I certainly appreciate. As a non-fresh cake, particularly a wrapped one, I did not expect it to more than good, but it is definitely that.

No comments:

Post a Comment