Sunday, July 23, 2017

Jean-Paul Hévin: Financier Chocolat

Did a long run down to Au Bon Vieux Temps (which I didn't want to buy anything, just confirm that they have Marjolaine), which opens at 9 a.m., relevant because I wanted to start earlier to avoid the heat, as well as finish earlier. As it happened, my appointment cancelled and it was so cloudy that time of day did not matter. That's just as well, since I oscillated between the shortest path and the path along my favorite route and ended up doing only a little of either and a lot of just going more or less in the correct direction.

I finished running at Shinjuku 3 cho-me Station area and went to Jean-Paul Hévin and got their Financier Chocolat. This was the "non-fresh cake"/pastry since Galette de Rois "Star". This was definitely good and different from other financiers I've recently, besides just be chocolate. It was lighter, by which I mean less oily, which I would say is good, but on the other hand, it also did have the chewiness that I usually expect so I'm not sure this is really what I want out of a financier. Interesting though.

That "levels me up", so to speak, on JPH, at least until new fresh cakes come in, which will remain a priority, which means I'm ready to level up all the levels of cake shops below, except I'm still busy trying to fill the big gap left from deleting Henri Le Roux from the fresh cake business.

No comments:

Post a Comment