Wednesday, July 26, 2017

L'Abricotier: Sicilien Figue

Due to rain, it was not too hot to run today (even after the rain stopped in the afternoon, it was cloudy, so the temperature did not rise so much), and I did rather than cycle, to L'abricotier, even though I ran long yesterday (due to my own mistake) and plan to run long tomorrow. However, I had not need to exhaust myself, and good reason to save some strength for tomorrow (when I'll be racing against closing time), so it was 9 km/h out and 8 km/h backStill, it was not cool and it was presumably 100% humidity. I started out mistakenly taking the path toward Aigre Douce, but they are both northwest, so it was easily correct and actually was probably better than the usual path. In generally, I just switched between north and west depending on the light until I got to Waseda  Road. Coming back, I swung by Jun Honma, just to look in, and then circled around Koenji and came back most by Okubo Road, which is not very direct but was a nice change until I passed Yamanote Line, where the crowds of tourists to the Korean area mad it hard going. Not sure that Yasukuni Road would have been better, but it's less gritty.

The cake, which I ate in, was Sicilien Figue, which is wine-boiled fig in mousse, pistachio cream/mousse (can't remember what the card said, and there were two layers), fruits rouge (of or including raspberries) gelatin, and some pistachio biscuit. I really like a good pistachio cake and am often disappointed. This did not disappoint me, it was, I think great. The pistachio was flavorful, the fig complemented it, and the fruits rouge accented it, everything harmonizing.

As a result, I've decided to return L'abricotier to the Quite Excellent category, though it's a little bloated now (as in real life, preferences are not well-ordered, so there are multiple candidates for getting the boot, though L'abricotier is strictly better than at least one). That takes some pressure off reviewing the less frequented Excellent ones, though I'll get to that soon. Also, it means it's time for another cake-off, so that clarifies my weekend somewhat, and also suggests that maybe Friday night I'll do a cakeless training run so that I can get to a new shop on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment