Thursday, July 20, 2017

à tes souhaits!: Harmonie d'Orange

Decided that, for a midweek half-holiday, à tes souhaits! was a good choice, since they are always so crowded on the weekend and they close too early for a normal weekday visit. My experience a few years ago was that they were not particularly special, but the same could be said for some shops I now list as excellent. Since the temperature was above 30 degC, I cycled rather than ran. It's a little over 12 km each way, but fairly straightforward, or would have been if I had been prepared to bypass one intersection (on foot, I'd take the sidewalk against traffic, but I was on the other side on the road and it was too late).

Unfortunately, the photo of the cake did not turn out, so all I have is the shop from the other side of the street. The cake was a standard rectangular petite individual, with chocolate mousse above and chocolate biscuit below as the main layers. On top of the mousse, was a line of whipped cream with some orange compote sprinkled on and between the layers was some sort of greenish citrus with maybe orange cream or something above that. It was definitely good, and while not that out of the ordinary, it was certainly the kind of cake I approve of, so I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt and say it was excellent, which means that this shop seems to be quite good. I've got a lot excellent places that need one more cake before it, but I should get back there before too long (pr
obably this year).  


No comments:

Post a Comment