Saturday, July 22, 2017

Cake-off: L'Abricotier's "L'abricotier's" over Limevert's "Mer"

Did a two-part run with trains coming back (though some running to and from stations). First, I went to Limevert to get "Mer". That was the easy part, even though it was farther. It ended up being over 13 km. I didn't so much get lost as learn why the way I tried today was not the way I was supposed to go. My speed was actually closer to 9 km/h, though 8 km/h was really my target (though if you count stops, I was slow than that). For some reason, the last 1+ km home from Shinjuku Station was 10 km/h, even with cake. Maybe I just wanted to finish.

The part was a slower run with more stops for water refills to L'abricotier for the cake of the same name. This was 7+ km at 8 km/h, but then 2 km km at 10 km/h to get to the station (it should have been a little shorter, but for some reason the north-south roads bend a little west).

The cake-off was lop-sided. Both a chocolate cake with apricot, though very different in flavor. Perhaps the Mer was easier to identify as apricot, but I was not sensing the greatness, though it was definitely good. I don't think the hazelnuts of L'abricotier versus walnuts of Mer were the issue, although walnuts were partially what made the Mer interesting to begin with. Overall, I still rank Limevert higher and expect to visit again for a new cake after before too long, but for now I owe L'abricotier another try.






No comments:

Post a Comment